Pakistani Pizza Sandwich recipe
- Refined flourÂ Â 1/2 kg
- YeastÂ Â Â 1 sachet
- SugarÂ Â 1/2 tsp
- Baking powderÂ 2 tsp
- SaltÂ to taste
Ingredients for pizza topping:
- Boneless chicken (boiled)Â 1 cup
- Onions (finely sliced) Â Â 2
- Tamato ( de-seeded & finely sliced) Â Â 1
- CapsicumÂ (de-seeded & finely sliced)Â Â 1
- Mushrooms (finely sliced)Â Â 1/2 cup
- Black olivesÂ (finely sliced)Â 1/2 cup
- Mozzarella cheeseÂ (grated)Â Â 400 grams
- Pizza sauceÂ 1 cup
- Eggs (beaten)Â Â 2
- Mix yeast and sugar in luke-warm water; leave for 15 minutes. Mix salt, baking powder and yeast in refined flour and knead into dough. Set it aside for 4 hours.
- Knead dough once more and separate it into two portions.
- Make ‘rotis’ from both.
- Grease a pizza dish and set one of the ‘rotis’ in it.
- Spread sauce over the ‘roti’ and make a layer of capsicum, tomato, mushrooms, chicken, onions, mozerella cheese and olives.
- Put egg on the edges and place the other ‘roti’ on top.
- Press it down so that it sets.
- Brush remaining egg on the ‘roti’. Keep pizza sandwich in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes and then take it out.
source MASALA MAGAZINE