Pakistani Chicken Chow mein recipe
- Egg noodles (boiled)Â Â Â 1/2 packet
- Chicken (boneless)Â Â 250 grams
- PrawnÂ Â Â 250 grams
- Onion (chopped)Â Â Â 1
- CapsicumÂ (finely cut)Â Â 1
- Spring onionsÂ (finely cut)Â Â 3 stalks
- CabbageÂ (finely cut)Â Â Â 1/2 cup
- Soya sauceÂ Â Â 3 tbsp
- CornflourÂ (dissolved in water)Â 2 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped)Â 1 tbsp
- Ginger (chopped)Â 1 tbsp
- Black pepperÂ (crushed)Â 1 tsp
- Pakistani chinese saltÂ Â 1/3 tsp
- Chicken stockÂ Â 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- OilÂ Â 4 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok and fry 1/2 noodles. Place boiled noodles in a serving dish and fried noodles over it.
- Heat oil in a pot; fry ginger/garlic and onion lightly; add chicken and fry for 5 minutes. Add prawns and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, black pepper, pakistani chinese salt and stock.
- When it comes to a boil, add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cornflour; when sauce thickens pour mixture over noodles.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve delicious chowmein.
Source MASALA MAGAZINE