Pakistani Chicken Pilao recipe
1/2 kg chicken
2 cups of rice
4 cups of water
2 tomatoes chopped or pureed
2 chopped onions
coriander powder 1tbsp
red chili powder half tbsp
salt according to your taste
1 tbsp Chinese salt
1. fry chopped onions in 1/4 cup of oil till they change their color to dark brown.
2.now add a little bit of water to get the color of onion for rice, be
careful when adding water. I always cover the wok before doing it.
3. now add tomato puree and all spices and fry for 2 minutes.
4. add chicken and fry till it soaks all of the spices.
5. add chicken and let it boil on high flame.
6. now, add rice, keep the flame medium now.
7. when water gets almost dry, cover the wok and let it cook on very low flame for 20 minutes.
posted by bia syed